Haunted Houses


Are you looking for a fun project for Halloween?
I have fallen in love with Maple Manor!



This file, Maple Manor, from SVG Cuts is so amazing! And it can be cut using any software that accepts SVG files.
I used my Cameo this time but you could also do it with your Cricut!  

I put a lot of detail into it also to really make it pop.

Here is a close up of just one of the windows.  
To create the "siding" on the house, I scored the pieces  at 1/4"; then I added black chalk ink to make it look old and spooky.
For the windows, I ran the window frames through my Big Shot using a wood grain embossing folder from Darice.
I used some white chalk to highlight the wood on both the frame and the shutters. 
I did the same thing with the door.
To finish it off I added the door and shutters to the house with foam pop dots. It gives it lots of dimension.

I loved this house so much I made a second one for the store.


One of the best complements I got was when a customer came into the store and thought that the house was made from wood.  She couldn't believe it when I told her everything was paper!

The other thing I love about his house is you can take the tower roof off or open the back and fill it with candy or better yet, battery operated lights.  It looks so spooky with my red Christmas lights blinking inside!

I won't lie, this project took about 20 sheets of paper and a couple of evenings locked in my craft room but it was so worth it.  It was fun to put together and a joy to look at!

You can click here to purchase the Maple Manor file.



Remember this little project from last year?

This is the Haunted Forest file from SVG Cuts also. In fact she has a ton of house files, including a church.  I am thinking of making a Christmas village...
Keep checking back!

Tracy Rushton

Thank you for stoping by. Please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment