Check it out, I was asked to be a guest blogger over at Sassy baby. What an honor!
Here are the Valentine Cards & Envelopes I made. They went together super fast and easy. In fact my baby (she is 11) can't wait to make her own this weekend.
Products used to make 12 cards and envelopes: We R Memory Keepers Love stuck Line,
White, pink, blue and green cardstock
ATG Gun or other tape runner (glue sticks will not work well)
Scop-pal or trimmer with score blade
1” Circle punch
Ribbon or other embellishments
1. Start by cutting apart the tags.
2. If you would like you can decorate the fronts with more heart punch outs, ribbon or ink.
3. With staples or glue, add ribbon or circle cut outs to make tabs.
4. You can add a 3.5 x 2.5 scrap of paper to the back to leave a message if you would like.
5. to make the envelope cut a piece of cardstock 3.5 x 7.5
6. score at 2.25” and again at 5.5” on the long side of the card stock
7. Use a circle punch and punch a half circle in the middle section of the envelope. (optional)
8. fold on score lines
9. turn envelope over, run tape on the right side of the middle section (across from the circle cut out) and the bottom.
10. Fold top of envelope down and then the bottom up.
11. Decorate the front of each envelope using strips of printed cardstock, heart punches, ribbon and other embellishments.
That’s all there is to it. Decorate all your envelopes, slip the tags in. Have your child sign his/her name and even add a message.
What a fun alternative to those "cheepy" cards you by at the super market!
For a printable PDF with instructions and photos click here.
PS the little mail box was an SVG file I downloaded here.