Baby Girl Shower

Hello fellow crafters!!!
 
I wanted to share some fun projects I created for a super exciting reason.  Let me explain the reason first...
 
I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!!!
My eldest daughter is expecting her first child, my first grandchild.  She is actually due tomorrow but you know babies, they come when they decide its time, not what the calendar said.
 
A few weeks ago, my other daughters and I threw a baby shower for my eldest and her sweet baby girl.  We had a lot of fun planning decorations, games and food. 
 
For the games, we turned that over to my daughters best friend and she did a great job! We created Onsies, guessed baby food and chocolate poop and even guessed how big around Tia's waist was.
 
For food we asked the mom to be what she wanted and she said, of course, ICE CREAM! (What pregnant women doesn't want ice cream?)
 
The decorations were the fun part.  I put my Cameo to good use and we created all kinds of fun things.
 
My favorite was the "its a girl" owl banner
 
(Unfortunately the only photo I got was this really cruddie one!)
My Son- in-Law liked this so much he kept it so he could hang it in the window and announce to their neighbor hood that the little princess arrives.
 
Next up we decorated all the tables.  I went to my stash of papers and found all the miss matched pink and printed pink cardstock I had on hand.  We also added black to make the pink really stand out.
We also bought table clothes with different patterns and different pink hues.
Of course if you are going to have ice cream you have to have all the toppings, so I made little place card holders with each of the toppings printed out on them.
 

 
 
To create the circle banner I first cut out a ton  of 2" circles using the Cameo. Then I glued them front to back over a length of string.
I picked up some pink buckets at Michael's that were on clearance for .75 cents.
I placed the green flower foam in the bottom of two buckets and then hid it with pink and white tissue paper.
Next I placed a 12" dowel into each bucket.
To finish it off I tied the circle banner to each dowel. 
 
The baby blocks were cut out using a simple box file from the Silhouette store.  Watch for a tutorial coming up!
 
Here are some close ups of more decorations.
 
The Chalk Board Tag was made using sketch pens and my Cameo. Its so easy to do.  I will be teaching a class next week on how to use sketch pens and will put a video together for that as well.
 
I made two of these tags. With a stick glued to the back of them I tied them to two more clearance pink buckets with some tulle and had a perfect place for a little thank you hand out and  one for cards to be placed in.  Perfect.
 
 
To finish off the table settings I made the word girl using .svg files from www.svgcuts.com (I love these 3D letters!  I use them all the time!)
 
The decorations were such a hit my daughter took them home to use in the nursery.  Got to love that.
 
One more thing to share...

This is the quilt I made for our sweet little one.  Once again I used a bunch of different pink fabrics to create it.  The backing is blue to match her nursery colors of pink, hot pink and dark blue.
The quilting was done by Andrea at Heartfelt Hobby and Craft and the pattern was one I found in the McCall's Quilting Magazine. 
 
Ok little princess... now we are just waiting for you to get here.  Please hurry!
 
 


Tracy Rushton

Thank you for stoping by. Please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment