Christmas Advent and My Minds Eye

A few weeks ago I went to a blog party at My Minds Eye.  
It was very interesting.  
We got a tour of their offices, met some other bloggers, ate lots of good food and had a chance to see some of their new releases.
Everyone went home with a swag bag full of amazing products from their new line Joyous!

I was so excited to get started creating with this fun packet and there was so much I wanted to do but I knew the first thing I needed was to make this Advent Box for my daughter who is serving a mission and away from home this year.


Every year since the kids were little we have done some sort of Christmas "count down" and every year it has included a small piece of candy and a service for each day as we count down to Christmas. Even though Megyn is 2000 miles away from home I wanted her to be able to participate with us. 

I found this box file in the Silhouette store from Lori Whitlock. It was perfect for what I wanted to do.


 I cut the frame out of red and cream cardstock.  The  little boxes were cut using different colors of cardstock that matched the paper.

The box covers used paper from the Joyous Collection.  I also used some two sided adhesive paper to cut out a few of the shapes and added glitter to them.  It makes it look like I used glitter paper. 
The numbers are all cut out using either red cardstock or the adhesive and then added glitter.
I added some small circles to some of the letters and a few foam pop dots here and there. 


Inside of each little box, was a treat and a note from someone in the family.
As she removes the box, a picture is revealed.  By Christmas, she will have a beautifully framed picture of Santa.

Not only is it a practical way to count the days till Christmas but it can also be used as a home decor project.

The best part was because it is made out of paper, it was light enough to mail and yet sturdy enough I think she will be able to use it for many years to come if she chooses.

I hope you will try this beautiful project. 
The possibilities are endless!

Tracy Rushton

Thank you for stoping by. Please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment