Can you hear the bell ringing? The school bell that is. Yep winter break is almost upon us but before that there will be plenty of “Holiday” (Christmas) parties going on. If your kids are anything like mine, they want gifts for everyone and something nice for the teacher.
These little paper socks are perfect. The kids can help you put them together and they are so cute, everyone will want one.
The paper is Little Yellow Bicycle but you can use anything you have on hand or even plain cardstock.
Favorite printed Christmas cardstock
Scraps of printed cardstock for trim
Brown or black ink
Elmer’s school glue
(I used my Silhouette to cut out the socks, trim and all the pieces. You could also use a die cut, punch or trace them from paper.)
1. Cut the socks out, you will need 2 mirrored pieces (a front and back)
2. Tape a small loop of ribbon to the back of the front sock piece.
3. Use the Elmer’s glue and glue the front to the back of the stocking leaving the top open. Set aside to dry.
4. Cut out a cuff and a scalloped border.
5. Glue the border to the cuff (I used my tape runner.)
6. Tie a ribbon around the cuff, on the seam line.
7. Glue the cuff to the sock.
8. Cut a scalloped circle from printed cardstock
9. Cut a smaller circle from white paper.
10. Stamp a greeting on the circle or print it from your computer before cutting the circle.
11. Glue the words to the scalloped circle
12. Add the scalloped circle with a foam pop dot.
The sock is the perfect size to hold a candy cane, bite size candy bar or other small treat.
So grab some paper, scissors and you kids and make up a few of these this weekend.