Birthday Cupcakes

It was D3's Birthday last week.  17, I can not believe it.  I am not sure how I got to be so old as to have one married daughter, one getting married, one in collage and one a junior in high school. CRAZY!!

Anyway, to celebrate this birthday, she simply wanted to go to dinner with her dad and I so there wasn't much of a party this time around, but we still couldn't forget the cupcakes.

To make them, I used my favorite chocolate cake recipe.  When the cupcakes were cool, I made this frosting recipe from Wilton.  (It tastes nummy, its not to friendly for the waist).
Using a big decorating tip we just swirled the frosting on and added some purple sprinkles. To finish it up, I  added a cordial cherry to the top. They were a huge hit and so good!


(a not so good picture of the birthday girl)



Tracy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment :

  1. I make that frosting every time I make cupcakes. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete