So between Christmas, New Years, Valentines, D2's wedding and just being lazy, I have found my jeans getting a little tight around the middle and decided it was time to shed a few of these extra pounds.
Here is what I had for breakfast:
Recipe for Basic Crepes
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt ( I think I used even less)
2/3 Cup nonfat milk
1. Pour flour into a small mixing bowl, add salt and stir with a hand whisk.
Make a well in the center of the flour and add egg.
2. Whisk egg and flour while pouring milk into bowl, mix well. Batter should be lump free
3. Let stand for 5 minutes
4. spray a 6 inch pan with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat
5. add 1/8th of a cup of batter to hot skillet and swirl around the pan to cover the bottom.
6. As the edges cook, use a spatula to lift the edges. After about 1 minute flip the crepe and cook for 30 more seconds or until crepe is light brown and cooked through.
7. Continue till all the crepes are done (makes about 10 to 12 -6"crepes)
30 calories per 6" crepe, .75 grams fat, 4 gram Carbs and 2 grams protein
To turn it into the OH SO YUMMY Chocolate Banana Crepes
spread 1 tsp. Nutella, 1 TBSCool whip Free, and 4 thin slices of banana.
Top with a small dollop of cool whip free, a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a pinch of Cinnamon.
2 crepes = only 186 Calories. Who would ever want to eat a bowl of cereal again?
Oh and by the way. If your family doesn't eat all the crepes (or you hoard your diet food like I do), you can refrigerate or even freeze the crepes and do it again tomorrow!