St. Pattie's Banner

As I have mentioned before, I have been using my computer a lot to scrapbook and craft.  I have really gotten into digital scrapbooking and find myself at the computer most evenings while the kids are working on homework and various other activities. 

I wanted to put together a banner for St. Patrick's day so here is my project from yesterday.


I used my Cameo and It took a little longer than I thought it would, partly because I was learning a few new things and partly because I had to stop, throw laundry, pick up kids, take kids, help kids...you know the drill.  I finished it last night after FHE and everyone was in bed.

I didn't have a lot of paper to choose from so for the pennants I used a free digital paper kit I had downloaded earlier from My Memories


Using the SSDE, open your shape-pennant.  (I used two different ones.) In a new window open the file that contains the digital paper you want to use. Simply grab the paper and drag it to your shape.  Its that easy (who knew?)

Next I opened up a scalloped circle.  I cut them out of different colors of green cardstock that I already had on hand but I could have very easily dragged paper in again to fill them.  

Next I created two smaller circles to fit inside the scalloped one (one black, one white.)
I also cut out 2 large and 3 small shamrocks.

Last I made my words and letters.


This is what my screen looked like when I was all done. (Creative minds are seldom organized)

To finish, I inked the edges of the pennants, drew stitch marks in the white circles (hm, bet I could drag some of those in digitally also- have to try that) and then glued it all together.  I added dimension with a few pop dots. 

Last I cut some Jute and folded the tabs of each pennant over and glued them down.



Here is a close up of the first pennant. 

I was going to add ribbon and buttons but I loved the way it looked without all the stuff.


 PS.  If you missed out on the Lucky letters and the Shamrocks I have one set of each available.  They are finished and ready to go out today.  email me.

Tracy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments :

  1. You should start selling banners. I would buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you share with a novice what software program you use. Thanks

    ReplyDelete