Cards

It happened,  actually its been something that I needed to do for a while, I have just been putting it off. Last week I went to my card box to find a wedding card and it was empty! 

To solve the issue I spent all day Saturday making cards.  It was actually a great way to relax and I got a lot done.

I decided to share a few of the cards I made this week  AND I even put a couple of tutorials together.  Maybe, if your box is like mine was, you will get the itch to make some cards also.

 
This "be happy" owl card was inspired by a card I saw on Pintrest.  I used my Cameo to cut out all the pieces.

 
(sorry the picture is so awful on this card, the scanner just wouldn't work with the big Rosette)
To make this card
1. cut a piece of white card stock 5.25 x 4
2. cut 7 Strips of printed paper 1" wide.
3.  glue 6 of the strips of paper at an angle onto the white card stock.  Turn the card stock over and trim around the edges.
4. Glue the last strip of printed paper across the bottom
5. cut a strip of colored card stock 1" x 5.25".  Use a border punch to create the scalloped edge. Glue across the bottom
5. Glue the card stock to the front of a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card
7. Make a Rosette with a 12"x 1" strip of printed paper
8. punch out a scalloped circle and a smaller circle and glue to the Rosette. Finish with a button
9. Attach the Rosette with a strong glue to the front of the card.
 
This card is so pretty and would be well received but due to the bulk it can not be mailed in a regular envelope.
 
Keep checking all this week as I post new cards and tutorials.  (I am even working on some videos)
 
 
 

Tracy Rushton

Thank you for stoping by. Please leave a comment below.

2 comments :

  1. I hope you don't mind but I featured your owl card on my Pinterest Picks Post. http://www.thecraftyblogstalker.com/2012/09/pinterest-picks_23.html

    ReplyDelete