Quilty Fun Mug Rug

I am so excited!!! 
This year my sister, my mom and I each got our own copy of this book.


Its called Quilty Fun and is by one of my most favorite quilters/designers Lori Holt!
If you haven't seen some of her things you really need to check them out!!!!

Anyway the book has tons of patterns but it also has a strip quilt.  We decided to do a row each month and at the end of the year (13 months actually) we will have this amazing quilt top.

(Just an EFY- each "strip" or design can be made in to its very own quilt so there are tons of possibilities with this book!)

I was so excited I couldn't wait to get started so I grabbed some scraps and got creative.

One of my favorite blocks/strips it the tulip/

So I decided to make a mug rug for my computer desk using the Tulip pattern


I made three blocks and off set them.  Then added a white border around the whole top.


To finish it off I did some freestyle quilting/stippling and then bound it using some striped fabric.

So pleased with the way this turned out.  Now it sits on my desk and holds my hot chocolate while it inspires me to get creating!

Can not wait to get started on my quilt(s) !!!!

Tracy Rushton

Thank you for stoping by. Please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment