Christmas Candy Cottage

Its time!
Time to start putting together your Christmas Village.
I have wanted to do this for a couple of years now and decided NOW WAS THE TIME!!

I am using files from SVG Cuts to create my village.

Today I started with my Christmas Candy Cottage.

The file used is actually the Bewitched Cabin from the  Haunted Forest Collection.

I didn't change anything.  I used lots of white paper instead of the black and printed paper from Bella Blv and Doodle Bug.  I also used Sugar Coated glitter paper from doodle bug as well.

The first thing you will do is cut all your paper out.

There are a lot of pieces so be prepared to do a lot of cutting at first. You can use any electric cutter that takes SVG files.

Follow the video tutorial here to put it all together.  It really isn't hard, just a little time consuming. 
Start and stop the video as you go along and you will do great.


I embossed the chimney pieces and window frames using a brick embossing design.
I also used a wood embossing folder to emboss the fence pieces.  
Because the pattern paper is so clean and bright I choose not to add any ink to the panels but of course you can if you would like.


After everything was assembled, I used a light coat of Mod Podge to add some Prisma Glitter on the roof and other areas to give it a little more snowy shimmer.

I am very pleased with how this turned out and I can not wait to try some more houses and create my Christmas Village. 








Tracy Rushton

Thank you for stoping by. Please leave a comment below.

1 comment :

  1. Fantastische Arbeit! Sehr schön umgesetzt.
    Liebe Grüße Beate

    ReplyDelete