Christmas Candy Cottage

Its time!
Time to start putting together your Christmas Village.
I have wanted to do this for a couple of years now and decided NOW WAS THE TIME!!

I am using files from SVG Cuts to create my village.

Today I started with my Christmas Candy Cottage.

The file used is actually the Bewitched Cabin from the  Haunted Forest Collection.

I didn't change anything.  I used lots of white paper instead of the black and printed paper from Bella Blv and Doodle Bug.  I also used Sugar Coated glitter paper from doodle bug as well.

The first thing you will do is cut all your paper out.

There are a lot of pieces so be prepared to do a lot of cutting at first. You can use any electric cutter that takes SVG files.

Follow the video tutorial here to put it all together.  It really isn't hard, just a little time consuming. 
Start and stop the video as you go along and you will do great.


I embossed the chimney pieces and window frames using a brick embossing design.
I also used a wood embossing folder to emboss the fence pieces.  
Because the pattern paper is so clean and bright I choose not to add any ink to the panels but of course you can if you would like.


After everything was assembled, I used a light coat of Mod Podge to add some Prisma Glitter on the roof and other areas to give it a little more snowy shimmer.

I am very pleased with how this turned out and I can not wait to try some more houses and create my Christmas Village. 








Tracy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment :

  1. Fantastische Arbeit! Sehr schön umgesetzt.
    Liebe Grüße Beate

    ReplyDelete