Christmas in September? Why not!

 I know I am not the only one who has done this.  
As I mentioned before we have had kids leaving so I decided it was time to clean out, rearrange bedrooms and all of that fun stuff.

I was going through a closet when I found an envelope with a bunch of photos from 2003!
Now don't get me wrong, I am behind on my scrapbooking but 2003?  And Christmas?  That's my favorite holiday and subject to scrapbook. 

I stopped cleaning and started creating!
I found this file at SVG Attic. 
I bought it because I loved the wreath but as I looked at the photos in that envelope I knew it would be perfect for scrapbooking.


The kit is called Winter wishes and it is chucked full of fun, pretty holiday goodies!
I used all three cards to create my layout.

First I laid everything out to get a feel for what I wanted my page to look like.  




I wanted the focus to be on the pictures (always) so I used a limited number of elements, all from the Winter Wishes kit and some basic pattern Christmas paper from Doodle Bug.
I really liked the way it turned out.




The bell card was used just as it was to create a spot for some hidden journaling.  
I used a large Rhinestone for the center of the poinsettias.
I can't wait to finish up all the photos (like I said, there were a LOT!) using this kit.

AND... just because it was so fun I had to put together a card using the same files.

This time I used images from the two different cards and combined them to make one striking card.
The poinsettia was embossed using the Big Shot and a Sizzix embossing folder.  
The Merry Christmas  was made into a print and cut and then added on with foam pop dots.  
For the finishing touch I added some rhinestones again. 

It was an easy project that went together in just a matter of minutes.



Tracy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments :

  1. Absolutely FANTASTIC! I love seeing kits used for something totally different than the original purpose. I invite you to share this on the SVG Attic Facebook page. We love to see what fans create! ~Beth, SVG Attic I-Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I will do that today.

    ReplyDelete