Christmas Card Advent Banner

Every year we do some kind of advent count down.
This year my son is serving a mission in the Philippines so we really can't mail a big box full of Christmas things for him.

I wanted Tyson to have a few things from home, including the advent but didn't really know how to do it.  

The solution I came up with was a Card Advent Banner


I made 12 different cards, using paper from doodle bug design (a favorite!)
 Next I put a little label on each card starting with day one and ending with Christmas day.

We gathered all of his siblings and other family members and had them each write a personal note inside one of the cards. 

Next I folded the cards over a string and sealed them shut.

Now he has a banner / decoration that can be hung up, an advent so he can participate in a family tradition and (the best part) is he gets to read a daily message from someone he loves.

A perfect gift for someone far from home, don't you think?

Here is a close up of all 12 cards.







I am so excited to send this to him along with some other small little gifts. 
I hope he likes it as much as I enjoyed making it!

1/25  Update-  Note that when sending packages to the Philippines you need to send them EARLY!  
Tyson finally got his package this week.



Tracy Rushton

Thank you for stoping by. Please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment