Christmas Card Advent Banner

Every year we do some kind of advent count down.
This year my son is serving a mission in the Philippines so we really can't mail a big box full of Christmas things for him.

I wanted Tyson to have a few things from home, including the advent but didn't really know how to do it.  

The solution I came up with was a Card Advent Banner


I made 12 different cards, using paper from doodle bug design (a favorite!)
 Next I put a little label on each card starting with day one and ending with Christmas day.

We gathered all of his siblings and other family members and had them each write a personal note inside one of the cards. 

Next I folded the cards over a string and sealed them shut.

Now he has a banner / decoration that can be hung up, an advent so he can participate in a family tradition and (the best part) is he gets to read a daily message from someone he loves.

A perfect gift for someone far from home, don't you think?

Here is a close up of all 12 cards.







I am so excited to send this to him along with some other small little gifts. 
I hope he likes it as much as I enjoyed making it!

1/25  Update-  Note that when sending packages to the Philippines you need to send them EARLY!  
Tyson finally got his package this week.



Tracy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment